The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on the Fox River in the heart of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Donor Relations Associate. The organization operates three venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 173-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals, which has amassed over 41,000 series subscribers and has the second-largest musical theatre subscription base in the United States. ACCA proudly celebrated the grand opening of its new Paramount School of the Arts on June 1, 2019 in the John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora.
DEPARTMENT – Development
DIRECT REPORTING – Development Manager
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Position is part-time, approximately 16 hours per week. Hours require evening and weekend hours.
COMPENSATION – Commensurate with experience
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY – This position is responsible for working with the Development Manager to help create and nurture good relationships with current and future donors. Provide support on fundraising initiatives and special events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
- Use Audience View (online platform) to pull reports and to process gifts.
- Prepare thank you notes for donors.
- Meet donors while they are attending shows at Paramount Theatre.
- Conduct tours of ACCA owned spaces.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and potential donors through personal interactions.
- Assist with planning and executing fundraising events as needed.
- Support Development Department staff as needed.
HOW TO APPLY –
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application. Please note that a cover letter must accompany the resume for consideration.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLINE
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Patty Stefanski, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Ability to work well both independently and on a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, and all constituencies.
- Comfortable with initiating contact with current donors, friendly and outgoing.
- Supportive of the mission of Aurora Civic Center Authority.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented, well organized, focused and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy as well as problem solving skills.