Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on the Fox River in the heart of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Theater & Banquet Rental Intern. The organization operates three venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre and the 173-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals, which has amassed over 41,000 series subscribers in eight seasons and is the second-largest musical theater subscription based in the United States. ACCA proudly celebrated the grand opening of its new Paramount School of the Arts on June 1, 2019 in the John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora.
DEPARTMENT – Front of House/Special Events
DIRECT REPORTING – Front of House Management
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Flexible part-time, hourly; hours vary and require evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours are event dependent.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, and ABILITIES –
- Patrol premises and ensure security of outside entry doors
- Investigate disturbances
- Monitor entrance/departure of guests to maintain security of premises
- Circulate among patrons to preserve order and protect property
- Politely warn patrons of rule infractions (no smoking indoors, alcoholic beverages not allowed outside of venues, etc.)
- Conduct outside traffic control and patron crossing
- Assist Front of House Manager or Manager on Duty
- Ensure building is secure at the end of an event
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application.
Or mail/drop off too: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Jenna Gagliano, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Experience in the security field
- PERC Certification (Either be PERC certified or must get PERC certified within 30 days of original hire date)
- Be motivated, committed and guest service driven
- Have the ability to be on feet for several hours
- Be able to lift up to 30lbs