Accounts Payable AssociateThe Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Finance
DIRECT REPORTING –Accounting Manager and taking direction from VP of Finance and Human Resources
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – All departments of the organization
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Part Time Hourly; generally 24 hours a week
COMPENSATION – Hourly Wage with PTO
HIRE DATE – late May or early June 2021
POSITION SUMMARY – The Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for ensuring that invoices are received, coded to the GL and the appropriate project accurately, approved, and posted in a timely manner. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a growing organization!
- Review a high volume of invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Enters invoices into the accounting system with accurate GL account and appropriate project/event and send invoices for approvals
- Reconcile receipts for credit card payments
- Maintain vendor accounts and answer vendor inquiries
- Prepare vendor checks/ACH payments weekly
- Maintain filing system
- Manage W-9s and 1099 requirements
- Prepare journal entries when required
- Maintain spreadsheets for expenses that need reimbursement
- Assists with month end close
- Assists with annual audit requirements
- Prepares analysis of accounts
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented, highly organized; able to prioritize, take initiative, set and meet goals and deadlines and to produce accurate work
- Strong communication, administrative, and computer skills
- Professional attitude and a team player
- Ability to collaborate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues throughout the organization and externally
- Resourceful; problem solve effectively both independently or collaboratively
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Experience with Acumatica a plus but not required
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to:
Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Margie Isaacson, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Position Type: Part Time
Position Location: Aurora