1.Greet visitors, students, staff, answer incoming telephone calls, provide appropriate information or take message and refer to appropriate staff.
2. Provide general secretarial assistance to departmental staff: utilize Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and Google for word processing, report generation, copying, filing,
department mail distribution, faxing, scanning, data entry, and closed captioning of District videos.
3. Plan, organize, maintain and update a variety of files, records and databases.
4. Schedule and prepare for meetings of various sizes.
5. Prepare correspondence, monthly reports including the Communication Services Dashboard report, and documents and distribute as necessary.
6. Monitor department budget, verify account activity and assist with annual budget preparation, reconcile department procurement cards, prepare check requests, and correspond with vendors and business office as needed.
7. Initiate and follow through on orders for office supplies and items needed for meetings.
8. Manage phone calls and email from media and community regarding a wide variety of needs.
9. Search local news for articles related to District 204 and articles that may be of interest. Send links to administrators at the CEC as appropriate
10. Post news items and events on the District website as needed.
11. Manage applications and post flyers from community organizations to the District’s website e-folder.
12. Collect and track student achievement for recognition by the board. Prepare mailings to honor national and state level champions.
13. Update department’s crisis communication binder and electronic drive with information supplied by the Executive Director of Communication Services.
14. Assist with preparation and proofreading of internal and external communication as needed. Update delivery statistics working with U. S. Post Office personnel for direct mailings.
15. Utilize the student information system to research student and parent information as needed.
16. Use personal computer and general office equipment. Demonstrate proficiency using the technology and computer-based programs provided by the District. Use these programs to
effectively manage and organize files, communication, records and databases.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: District Office
Rate of pay: $15.96/hour
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator.
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - $50,000