Audience Services Supervisor
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Audience Services Supervisor. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Audience Services
DIRECT REPORTING – Audience Service Director
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Audience Services team, Front of House team
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – full time exempt; generally, 8-9 hour days varying dependent on events/box office hours: Evening and weekend hours required.
COMPENSATION – Annual salary with excellent benefits package including health, paid time off, and 401k
HIRE DATE – ASAP (target May/June 2021)
POSITION SUMMARY – Aurora Civic Center Authority is seeking qualified applicants interested in filling the role of Audience Services Supervisor. This position primarily is responsible for the supervision of day-to day and night of show box office procedures, and ensures customer satisfaction is met from all patrons. The Audience Services Supervisor will work closely with the Director of Audience Services and other Audience Services management to lead and support a team of associates.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES – Supervision of Audience Services associates. Maintain understanding of company ticketing/venue policies and communicate to associates and patrons. This position facilitates new employee training on ticket policies, system training, and daily department operations. Supervises ticketing operations at events for Paramount Theatre, Copley Theatre, Stolp Island Theater, and RiverEdge Park. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving escalated patron ticketing related issues at events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Supervise associates in audience services department
- Supervise audience services procedures at events as scheduled
- Field inbound calls with ticketing or subscription inquiries and be able to respond to customer needs promptly and professionally
- Sell tickets and process donations from inbound calls
- Perform outbound sales calls as assigned
- Provide training to associates on the highest level of customer service and sales techniques
- Communicate new show and promotional information to associates
- Perform database hygiene for AudienceView ticketing system
- Assist with maintenance of the ticketing system, including performance and product proofing and verifying event information
- Field, re-direct and respond to all email inquiries sent to box office email account
- Responsible for the secure opening and closing of the box office or call center as scheduled
- Cash handling and reconciliation
- Resolve escalated customer issues and/or complaints in a timely, courteous and informed manner
- Assist with audience services management with annual subscription renewals and upgrades for Broadway and Bold Series
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine.
- Box Office experience is an asset
- Two years’ supervisory experience is a strong asset but not required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Skills using computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ticketing systems – knowledge of AudienceView is a very strong asset but not required
- Flexible weekday, evening, weekend, and holiday availability
- Must possess an understanding of box office and call center operations
- Ability to work outdoors and possibly in inclement weather
- Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player
- Passion for and/or experience in the performing arts
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and assist in unanticipated duties as needed
- Ability to work in a call center environment which includes extended periods of sitting at a personal computer and use of a headset
- Uses good judgement and critical thinking skills to effectively problem solve while also understanding what situations should be elevated for additional feedback
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Kevin Berls), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Position Location: Aurora