Development Operations ManagerThe Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Development Operations Manager. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Development
DIRECT REPORTING – Director of Annual Giving
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Chief Development Officer, Development Team, Audience Services, Finance
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full time exempt, approximately 40 hours per week. Hours may include evening and weekend hours.
COMPENSATION – Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package including health, paid time off, and 401k
HIRE DATE – May/June 2021
POSITION SUMMARY – The Development Operations Manager is responsible for working with the Development staff to help raise philanthropic gifts for the Aurora Civic Center Authority and to provide support on all fundraising activities to ensure the data management, stewardship, recognition, and communication with our donors is consistent and effective. The position’s primary functions include gift processing, donor acknowledgement, database maintenance, reporting and analysis. This position handles sensitive information, interacts regularly with donors and potential donors, and must maintain the highest level of discretion. This individual is the primary data steward for the development database and manages organizational data as a valued enterprise asset and contributes to the strategic planning and implementation of key fundraising initiatives. This person reports to the Director of Annual Giving and is part of a growing development team that works closely with staff throughout the Aurora Civic Center Authority.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Processing of donations and updating donor information, using ACCA’s databases, Bloomerang and Audience View; develop effective and efficient systems to reconcile data migration of gift transactions and interactions between software programs on a daily basis
- Manage acknowledgment letters and tax receipt process, working closely with fundraising staff to ensure donors are acknowledged for their contributions in a timely, personalized manner
- Keeps database operational and up-to-date at all times, including constituent information, gift intentions, gift entries as well as ensuring integrity and security of information stored
- Creates and maintains accurate donor and gift records, upholds and implements policies and procedures; identifies, communicates, and resolves data quality issues
- Work with other members of the development team to generate lists for priority projects including: recognition, playbill acknowledgment, invitations, newsletters, e-correspondence and direct mailings
- Prepares and oversees any gift documentation and prepares, tracks, and files gift agreements and other relevant gift documentation
- Regularly pulling of reports for coordination of annual giving direct-mailings, such as monthly and annual solicitation appeals, board and committee reports and fundraiser performance metrics
- Work with colleagues to seek out and collect information about constituent interests and activities and incorporate that information into data that can be used in maximizing the effectiveness of organizational outreach
- Provides data mining and research on prospects and donors; is able to present research in end-user friendly fashion for team, leaders, and volunteers
- Regularly establishes and implements relevant development procedures, systems, standards, and processes including solutions for accuracy, integrity, security (privacy) and efficiency research & pipeline management support
- Provide skill-level based database and communications training to ACCA staff members, as needed
- Play a vital role in overall fundraising efforts
- Support Development Department staff as needed
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience in fundraising, gift processing, database operations required; preferably 2-5 years of experience in development/advancement management in equivalent role
- Knowledge of professional fundraising practices and principles
- Applicant must be exceptionally organized, accurate, and detail-oriented, and able to coordinate multiple and overlapping projects, timelines and deadlines
- Prior experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), fundraising, or other similar databases (e.g. Bloomerang, Audience View, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect); an aptitude for using information systems in support of development operations preferred
- Experience utilizing the donor database to develop tools and reports to help advance donor-focused relationships preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal and written proficiency
- Ability to work well both independently and on a team
- Supportive of the mission of Aurora Civic Center Authority
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at paramountaurora.com/opportunities/.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLINE
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Patty Stefanski, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.