Henkels & McCoy is an industry-leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure construction and maintenance services for the power, oil & gas pipeline, gas distribution, and communication markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, Henkels & McCoy adapts over 95 years of experience to the dynamic and evolving infrastructure needs of today. Henkels & McCoy has been recognized with an E. I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award and is a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry.
Associate Project Manager:
Managing overhead power distribution projects for a long term program with a major power utility. Candidate must have experience in electrical construction, specifically within the utility industry. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: project performance, schedule, quality and safety. Effective communication, time management and organization are required to work with construction management, our customer and project stakeholders.
Major Job Elements:
- Ensure completion of project deliverables (schedule, estimate, construction plan) according to customer requirements.
- Accountable for project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, and cost).
- Act as point of contact between Henkels & McCoy and the customer regarding project activities.
- Manage project costs, including development of recovery plans to stay within budget limits.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Provide forecasts and cash flow for projects.
- Communicate project performance data to management and customers, as required.
- Assist in the development and provide updates for project schedules on multiple, simultaneous large projects
- Leadership and superior communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Min 1 to 2 years of experience managing projects in the construction industry. Utility construction experience is required.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: contract management, CPM scheduling, or Earned Value Management.
- Experience with B2W, MS Project or Primavera a plus.
- Travel through out Northern IL will be required.
To apply click below: