Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, H&M brings yesterday’s experience to the evolving infrastructure needs of today. We consistently rank in the top ten of Engineering News-Record’s Specialty Contractors and have been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award for our safety performance.
The Henkels & McCoy Central Region GOLD (Growth Opportunities for Leadership Development) Program is an entry-level position designed to attract talented, high potential future leaders and provide them with an opportunity for personal and professional development by completing a 2 year rotational program that will include multiple 13 week assignments across multiple lines of business and support platforms including but not limited to; Safety, Estimating, PMO, Project Controls, Continuous Improvement/Quality & Lean, Fleet Management, Field Engineering, Business Development & Leadership Development.
This position reports to the Director of Project Management, and will be initially based out of Aurora, IL. Relocation/travel throughout the Central Region will be required on various assignments, depending on business needs.
- Multiple cross-functional and cross-business rotational job assignments designed to accelerate the development of critical industry knowledge skills and experience.
- Access to training courses on essential business skills.
- A structured one-on-one mentoring program to provide guidance and oversight of your development in the program.
- Opportunity to develop and enhance your communication skills through different tasks such as: supervising others, participating in meetings, and providing presentations to other personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Successful program participants will be placed into permanent roles within Henkels & McCoy.
- Develop understanding of safety, quality, financial analysis, project controls, design, communications, contracts within the key phases of a project's lifecycle.
- Assist various Project Managers to facilitate construction activities.
- Required to communicate project and rotation status on a weekly and rotational basis with upper management.
- Must have at least an Associate’s degree, or expect to have a degree completed by May 2021, preferably with a four-year degree that is technical/science/engineering focused.
- Willingness to temporarily relocate based on business needs over the course of the program.
- Strong academic performance (3.0 GPA min./4.00).
- Previous work, internship or co-op experience preferred.
- Outstanding team player and self-starter with a passion for client service, developing business relationships and solving complex business issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, and innovation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring current/future employer sponsorship of a work visa.
To apply click below: