The Admissions Representative (Admissions Advisor) serves as the first line of support and guidance for students seeking enrollment in Rasmussen University. The Admissions Representative (Admissions Advisor) will leverage his/her passion for learning and experience to motivate individuals to move from thinking about to enrolling in one of Rasmussen’s industry-leading, innovative and accredited programs including: the School of Nursing, the School of Justice Studies, the School of Technology & Design, the School of Health Sciences, the School of Business and the School of Education. The Admissions Representative (Admissions Advisor) sets the stage for the retention of career-oriented students and sets them on a path of long-term success.
- Act as first point of contact for prospective students considering enrolling at Rasmussen University
- Engage prospective students by telephone in discussion about their future with the goal of setting a campus visit (roughly 75% of time)
- Demonstrate sensitivity and ability to effectively relate to and work with prospective students from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Conduct campus visits with prospective students to assess needs, showcase the benefits of a Rasmussen University education, and facilitate enrollment into the University
- Mentor students from the application process through enrollment
- Demonstrate a high level of product/program knowledge thereby meeting specific student recruitment goals
- Manage and update computerized prospective student database, application paperwork, and follow-up documentation
- Prepare requested tracking forms accurately and on time
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the University’s programs, student services, and area colleges
- Create relationships that lead to growth opportunities through engaging local high schools, businesses and other members of the communities we serve
- Work effectively with co-workers as part of the student services team to ensure each student’s experience with the University is professional, service-focused, and productive
- Support and contribute to Rasmussen’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
The Admissions Representative (Admissions Advisor) is a full-time position accountable to a Director of Admissions or an Associate Director of Admissions (where applicable). The Director of Admissions reports to a Regional Admissions Vice President.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and one Saturday/month hours
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; Rasmussen will consider meaningful educational, work and/or military experience in exchange for degree requirements where appropriate
- Enthusiasm and passion for education, learning and empowering others to succeed
- At least two years of consultative sales or customer service guiding individuals from thinking to doing using superior interpersonal skills and ethical approach
- Experience working with clients/customers/students representing multiple stages of life and diverse backgrounds/experiences
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and in person at 23 campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and support its students every step of the way, from their first credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit www.rasmussen.edu.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.