Are you looking for a fast pace environment that will provide continued growth then join our Team in Aurora.
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating power industrial trucks for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties in addition to his or her own. They are responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Input data accurately into WMS.
- Efficiently stack and store product in appropriate area.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Pull and prepare for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Prepare freight for operations accurately and in a timely manner as required.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Report quality variances
- Efficiently moves product form staging and/or storage to production lines and/or staging docks.
- Proper documentation must accompany freight.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, reach truck, order picker, drum attachment, or other power equipment.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Computer Skills
· Basic computer skills
· RF Scanners
· WMS functions
· English (reading, writing, verbal)
· 1-2 years experience working in a warehouse/logistics/distribution environment
· 1-2 years forklift experience.
· Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $15.25 per hour