Sign on bonus $1,000
Since 1961, The Association for Individual Development (AID) has served individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and/or mental health challenges, those who have suffered a trauma, and those at risk. As a non-profit organization, our mission is to empower people with physical, developmental, intellectual, and mental health challenges to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician who exemplifies that mission, and who wants to work for an organization that makes a difference. Are you the right fit?
What will you be doing?
- Facilitating the repair, improvement, and overall maintenance of AID properties
- Performing a wide range of assignments, including but not limited to carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, roofing, flooring, and HVAC maintenance and repair
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of experience in the maintenance field (required)
- A valid Illinois driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance plan
- Employer-paid short-term & long-term disability plan
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employer-paid critical illness plan
- Ability to perform maintenance duties, including but not limited to standing, stooping, bending, climbing, carrying, and operating power and hand tools. No lifting restrictions.
- Ability to use power and hand tools, electrical testing equipment, welding equipment, fork-lift truck, and other equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- A valid Illinois driver’s license and good driving record, as defined by AID’s driver eligibility requirements.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Aurora