Sign on bonus up to $1,000
Since 1961, The Association for Individual Development (AID) has served individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and/or mental health challenges, those who have suffered a trauma, and those at risk. As a non-profit organization, our mission is to empower people with physical, developmental, intellectual, and mental health challenges to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose. We are looking for a Recovery Support Specialist who exemplifies that mission, and who wants to work for an organization that makes a difference. Are you the right fit?
What will you be doing?
- Creates the opportunity for a person with lived experience (in recovery from mental illness or co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders)
- Intended to support the acquisition of experiential hours and participation in CRSS training modules in order to move the person towards meeting certification requirements
- Collaborate with Behavioral Health Treatment Teams to provide community support and psycho-social services to individuals opened to Supported Services, or residents of AID Kendall Service Area in order to: (1) decrease mental health dysfunction, (2) increase community functioning, and (3) assist clients in achieving recovery goals
What will you bring to the table?
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Eligible to obtain and desiring to work towards a CRSS certification
- In recovery from mental illness or co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder
What will we bring to the table?
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance plan
- Employer-paid short-term & long-term disability plan
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employer-paid critical illness plan
- Flexibility to work evening hours
- Use of personal automobile
- Maintain automobile liability insurance as defined by AID’s personnel policies
- Maintain valid Illinois driver’s license
- Meet/maintain driving record standards as defined by AID’s insurance carrier
- Ability to work with diverse populations, demonstrating cultural competency and community awareness
- Proficient in or experience in use of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
If we seem like a good fit, consider joining our growing team of compassionate, hardworking, and caring individuals, and start your path toward a fulfilling career that you can be proud of.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Aurora