Join the nation’s leader in second-look financing as our IT Support Specialist!
Summary: The function of the IT Support Specialist is to provide technical support for all aspects the Genesis IT environment including end user systems, production systems, network operations and file transfer services. The position will take direction from Sr. IT Support Specialists and work with other IT staff on a variety of various issues and projects requiring a combination of technical expertise and customer service.
As our Desktop Support Specialist, you will:
- Build and configure and ship new end user equipment following a build and turnover procedure.
- Contact and coordinate new equipment turnover with employees in a professional manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware and software issues during the build process and during the turnover to the employees.
- Respond to end user requests for assistance related to new hardware and access.
- Perform basic system administration in support of access control and user account provisioning.
- Perform initial problem determination of new requests and incidents.
- Update and track all work using ticketing system.
- Follow run book and escalation procedures when responding to end user hardware requests and incidents.
- Seek out information and build knowledge to resolve issues from technical sources and sr. team members.
- Support inventory and asset management process.
- Update and maintain runbook and escalation procedures as directed.
- Other related tasks as needed.
- 1+ years’ experience working in an IT Operations Support role with Windows PC’s and Servers.
- Good attention to detail and quality, strong customer service skills.
- Proven skills troubleshooting a wide variety of hardware, software, and connectivity issues.
- Ability to track work using ticketing system.
- Clear understanding of PC/Laptop hardware, Windows 7, Windows 10 configuration and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Windows Server administration and configuration.
- Understanding and ability to administer user accounts and computers.
- CompTIA A+ Certification a plus
The incumbent must meet work deadlines, have regular attendance, good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team, ability to multi-task, use a PC and a computer terminal, and the specialized telephone system. It requires access to all areas of the office, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time, periodically bending and twisting, and frequent application of a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company will provide reasonable accommodation where necessary.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Aurora