Target of position
Operate the Press brake Machines and support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
Necessary / required skills (Education, Job Experience, special industrial expertise)
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
• 2 years’ experience in Brake press brake operation
• Ability to read, comprehend, follow and document work instructions, standard operating procedures, and training documents
• Solid background working with sheet metal
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way
• Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality
• Basic math skills i.e. algebra, geometry and trigonometry required
• Ability to read blueprints and work orders.
• Open minded, positive mindset
• Personal and social skills
• Dependability, readiness to take on responsibility, commitment, willingness to learn, goal- and results-oriented, ability to communicate, ability to work in a team.
• Planning and problem-solving ability.
• Responsible for operation, set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment
• Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or
sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations
and set up requirements.
• Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Inspect all manufactured parts following work in process inspection methods and ensure to accomplish engineering specifications.
• Detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within
capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
• Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed
• Communicate with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
• May perform other duties as assigned by management.
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - $50,000
Position Location: Aurora