Role / Responsibilities:
- Sew products within set parameters while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high degree of attention to detail.
- Set up sewing machine with proper thread, tension settings, and programmable operation settings as applicable.
- Observe sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Rethread sewing machine as needed and ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts.
- Make any necessary sewing machine adjustments and handle basic maintenance of sewing machine (ex., lubrication of machine).
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Inspect all manufactured parts following work in process inspection methods and ensure to accomplish engineering specifications.
- Detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine within capabilities. Report all machine malfunctions to Management.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience in industrial sewing machine operation
- Ability to read, comprehend, follow and document work instructions, standard operating procedures, and training documents
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
- Ability to read blueprints and work orders.
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - $50,000
Position Location: Aurora