As an Operator I, you are the foundation of the business- you are directly involved in building the product that drives the revenue of the business. Our goal is to make this role more challenging and fun for you by differentiating the work a bit: giving you the opportunity to cross-train in several areas across assembling and packing different products. This variety makes the day go faster and gets you more deeply involved in the operation. In this Operator I position, you’ll need to have a good attention to detail, a strong quality focus, take pride in your work and maintain a clean work area and find value in being a part of a team that becomes a bit like extended family.
Along with our competitive pay, we provide employees a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and personal time, a 401(k) with a 4% contribution match, a 4% cash balance pension plan and tuition reimbursement. One of the best parts about our comprehensive package is that our benefits take effect on your first day of hire so there is no waiting period!
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Perform routine production tasks under the close direction of the Supervisor and/or lead person, including but not limited to forming, assembling and packaging of our products; the set-up and operation of various work stations.
• May require use of various tools and equipment including, but not limited to hand tools, soldering equipment, assembly and test equipment, hand trucks.
• Where necessary, monitor work visually and dimensionally referring to blueprints, engineering specifications, and job instruction sheets. Maintain quality and rate charts as required.
• Follow all quality procedures and instructions.
• Maintain housekeeping in the work area and work with the team to support 6S in all areas.
• Other related duties as directed by management.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must be able to follow directions, both verbal and written, including simple assembly instructions and diagrams.
• Visual acuity and hand dexterity to package and assemble a variety of materials is required.
• For selected tasks, color and depth perception may be required.
• Ability to perform routine computer data entry and queries is required.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Up to three months of experience in manufacturing or distribution is desired.
• Must be able to frequently lift 10lbs up to 64 inches, occasionally lift up to 28# up to 64inches, occasionally lift up to 50# 6inches to 35inches, push and pull up to 50lbs of force at waist height, carry 30lbs up to 30feet. This capability will either be determined from a physical exam or verifiable past performance.
• Must be able to continuously stand/walk and/or sit during a 9-10hour shift, frequent squatting/crouching, reach, and bend.
• May be required to pass a physical exam for wearing a respirator, which is a requirement for certain jobs.
• Clean and inviting environment
• Hot/cold temperatures based on seasonal variations
• May be subject to humidity, noise, odors, and dust
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Other