The Operator II is the mortar that holds manufacturing together! While you are directly involved in building the product that drives the revenue of the business, you are also doing some troubleshooting of machines and ensuring things are set up right. Your knowledge of the manufacturing process is broad and extends into running a variety of assembly machines and production equipment. Our goal is to make this role more challenging and fulfilling for you by differentiating the work and providing you the ability to work in various areas. This variety makes the day go faster and gets you more deeply involved in the operation. We recognize the many benefits of internal development and therefore provide several opportunities for growth and advancement within the organization.
Along with our competitive pay, we provide employees a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and personal time, a 401(k) with a 4% contribution match, a 4% cash balance pension plan and tuition reimbursement. One of the best parts about our comprehensive package is that our benefits take effect on your first day of hire so there is no waiting period!
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Perform varied production tasks under the regular direction of the Supervisor and/or lead person, including but not limited to forming, assembling and packaging our products.
• May require use of various tools and equipment including, but not limited to hand tools, soldering equipment, assembly and test equipment, hand trucks.
• Where necessary, monitor work visually and dimensionally referring to blueprints, engineering specifications, and job instruction sheets. Maintain quality and rate charts as required.
• Follow all quality procedures and instructions.
• Maintains housekeeping in the work area.
• May be directed to perform routine equipment maintenance and set-up.
• Other related duties as directed by management.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must be able to follow verbal and written multi-step directions for semi-complex tasks.
• Visual acuity and hand dexterity to package and assemble a variety of materials is required.
• For selected tasks, color and depth perception may be required.
• Ability to perform routine computer data entry and queries is required.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to operate various Powered Industrial Trucks as required.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Six months of experience in manufacturing is desired.
• Must be able to frequently lift 10lbs up to 64 inches, occasionally lift up to 25# up to 64inches, occasionally lift up to 50# 6inches to 35inches, push and pull up to 50lbs of force at waist height, carry 30lbs up to 30ft. This capability will either be determined from a physical exam or verifiable past performance.
• Must be able to continuously stand/walk and/or sit during a 9-10hour shift, frequent squatting/crouching, reach, and bend.
• May be required to pass a physical exam for wearing a respirator, which is a requirement for certain jobs.
• Clean and inviting environment
• Hot/cold temperatures based on seasonal variations
• May be subject to humidity, noise, odors, dust
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Other