Would you like to be part of a company that stands the test of time, that values your trade and is the leading manufacturer of electrical connectors and electrical solutions? Are you an individual that values team environments and who prefers a challenge? IDEAL Industries is looking for highly technical Journeymen skilled in the Tool and Die trade. Join our team and become one of our dedicated team members in support of our highspeed and heavy stamping programs. IDEAL Industries is a family-owned, professionally run company with over a 100-year history of building relationships, providing top customer service, and setting industry standards in the process.
Along with our competitive pay, we provide employees a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and personal time, a 401(k) with a 4% contribution match, a 4% cash balance pension plan and tuition reimbursement. One of the best parts about our comprehensive package is that our benefits take effect on your first day of hire so there is no waiting period!
• Checks and inspects dies for wear and maintenance issues. Evaluates problems and implements immediate solutions to reduce recurrence. • Performs routine and complex repairs.
• Manufacture components to a tight tolerance and inspect finished dies for timing accuracy and defects. Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
• Build, maintain, and repair manufacturing tooling, compute finishing details of dies, and ensure manufacturing standards.
• Sets up and operates various machine tools to make or repair tools, dies, fixtures and to sharpen tools. Performs setup and operation of grinders, drills, mills, lathes, and various hand tools.
• Plans sequence of operations and performs one or more setups to accomplish required machining operations.
• Train apprentices or subordinates in the use of Toolroom equipment, reading of drawings, and use of required measuring tools.
• Operates various machine tools to build dies, construct fixtures, fabricates prototypes and machine close tolerance metal parts.
• Operates die lifter, lift truck, overhead or jib crane, and related material handling equipment to lift, move, and handle die; lifts, moves and handles items using safe lifting techniques.
• Follows all company safety rules and maintain work area clean and orderly within lean guidelines.
• Maintains records related to die operations, quality, etc.
• Plans, lays out, constructs, or repairs highly intricate dies, molds, or tools.
• Makes intricate tools for producing specific shapes or removing material.
• Draws necessary sketches from models, blueprints, or verbal instructions.
• Directs and advises activities of class B tool makers, machine operators, and apprentices.
• Works to extremely close tolerances where construction of tools requires mating surfaces, usually less than .0005 inches.
• Machines steel and other materials by utilizing any or all tool room equipment.
• Responsible for planning, laying out and following the job through to completion with a minimum of supervision; completing jobs within general tolerances of metal trades industry in relation to quality and time.
• Before releasing job, responsible for assisting with tool try-out, diagnosing and correcting trouble, if any.
• Perform other duties within the scope of the job assignment by the supervisor.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to use a variety of tool room equipment.
• Familiarity with high speed complex dies.
• Good communication skills including the ability to receive and give oral and written instruction.
• Organizational skills to optimize output by planning and scheduling time and work.
• Proficient in Math and Print reading / CAD / Programming for CNC.
• Proficient in operating Manual and CNC mills, lathes, EDM and Surface grinding abilities.
• The ability to interface with customers, management, suppliers, and other employees.
• Ability to think out of the box and recommended options
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, be flexible, and self-directing
• Demonstrate a focus on Continuous Improvement, and promote that culture
• Good problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Certified Journeyman Tool and Die Maker.
• At least 5 years' experience preferred
• Must be able to frequently lift 10 lbs., push and pull up to 50 lbs., for 9-10 hours per day and, on occasion, lift up to 60 lbs. This capability will either be determined from a physical exam, or verifiable past performance.
• Frequently requires prolonged standing and/or sitting during a shift (9-10 hours) with frequent reaching, pulling and bending.
• May be required to pass a physical exam for wearing a respirator, which is a requirement for certain jobs.
• Clean and inviting environment
• Hot/cold temperatures based on seasonal variations
• May be subject to humidity, noise, odors, and dust
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Other