Since 1961, The Association for Individual Development (AID) has served individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and/or mental health challenges, those who have suffered a trauma, and those at risk. As a non-profit organization, our mission is to empower people with physical, developmental, intellectual, and mental health challenges to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose. We are looking for a Manager – Procurement and Logistics who exemplifies that mission, and who wants to work for an organization that makes a difference. Are you the right fit?
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for developing, executing, and managing the agency's procurement cycle, including vetting and selecting vendors, establishing payment terms, negotiating pricing and contracts, and purchasing/delivering food, personal hygiene products, janitorial supplies, and paper products
- Maintain inventory management system and allocate costs for distributed items to programs
- Ensure that food and supplies are purchased and delivered to AID programs
- Work with the Employment First team to engage clients toward the goal of competitive employment
What will you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics management, procurement and supply chain or a related field
- Two or more years of experience in purchasing and negotiation and communication skills
- Substantial experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office and general office experience required
- Knowledge of inventory management and cost allocations required
- A valid Illinois driver’s license and automobile insurance
What will we bring to the table?
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance plan
- Employer-paid short-term & long-term disability plan
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employer-paid critical illness plan
What are the other requirements?
- Navigation of stairs
- Ability to drive a forklift and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintaining required certifications and other relevant trainings
If we seem like a good fit, consider joining our growing team of compassionate, hardworking, and caring individuals, and start your path toward a fulfilling career that you can be proud of.
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - $50,000