SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE TO AURORA COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO LIVE IN THE CITY'S 2ND WARD THROUGH ALDERWOMAN JUANY GARZA.
Alderwoman Garza will award a $2,500 scholarship to one male and one female college student who lives in the ward. The scholarships will be presented at the Hispanic Pioneers Breakfast to be held on Sept. 15.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- be college students who have completed at least one year of their college studies
- be enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university for the 2023-2024 academic year
- have proof of community service in Aurora
- have proof of a 3.0 or better GPA
- live in the 2nd Ward
- be a US Citizen or legal resident
Those interested in the scholarships can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Applications will be accepted through Aug. 25 at the Aurora Alderman's Office, 60 E Downer Place, Aurora, IL 60505. For more information, call 630-499-5560 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.